Details for Benchmark: CP0507
N 32° 17.817 W 090° 09.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- 55 V 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by MSHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
0.85 MI ESE FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.85 MILE EAST-SOUTHEAST OF JACKSON ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF A LEVEE ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN THE PEARL RIVER AND THE PEARL STREET INTERCHANGE, 1.45 MILES NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF I-55 AND I-20, 0.8 MILE NORTH OF OLD BRANDON ROAD, ABOUT 150 YARDS WEST OF I-55 IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 11. IT IS 105 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A LEVEE, 61 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST GATE POST AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE SPRING LAKE CLUB, 44 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF A RAMP, 22 FEET EAST OF A 24 INCH OAK, 1.5 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST SET IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST ABOUT 8 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE LEVEE AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.