Details for Benchmark: CP0508
N 32° 17.533 W 090° 10.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- 55 V 16
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by MSHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1964
0.60 MI SE FROM JACKSON. TO REACH THE MARK FROM THE OLD CAPITOL BUILDING ON STATE STREET IN JACKSON, GO SOUTH ON STATE STREET 0.4 MILE TO SOUTH STREET, TURN LEFT, EAST, AND GO 0.15 MILE TO JEFFERSON STREET, TURN RIGHT, SOUTH AND GO 0.05 MILE TO THE JACKSON CITY SCALES ON THE LEFT AND THE MARK AS DESCRIBED. THE MARK IS A DISK SET IN CEMENT IN A DRILLED HOLE IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE BASE SUPPORTING A 100-FOOT RADIO ANTENNA. IT IS 60 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF JEFFERSON STREET, 10.5 FEET WEST OF A CYCLONE FENCE, 1.0 FOOT SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST LEG OF THE ANTENNA. A METAL WITNESS SIGN WAS BOLTED TO THE FENCE 10.5 FEET EAST OF THE MARK.
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.