Details for Benchmark: CP0555
N 32° 20.250 W 090° 53.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARREN county, MS View Original Datasheet
- L 225
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
1.25 MI S FROM VICKSBURG. ABOUT 0.4 MILE SOUTH ALONG MONROE STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AND COURTHOUSE AT VICKSBURG, THENCE 0.85 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD, AT THE RAILROAD OVERPASS OVER FAIRGROUND STREET, 11 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 47 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, SET IN THE TOP EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE OVERPASS AND ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE RAILS. SEC 23, T 16N, R 3E.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/19/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (GAS)
IN VICKSBURG, AT THE INTERSECTION OF FAIRGROUND STREET AND THE NORFOLK SOUTHERN RAILROAD, IN TOP OF AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE RAILROAD OVERPASS OF THE STREET, 14.3 M (46.9 FT) NORTH OF THE STREET CENTER, 4.6 M (15.1 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF PEARL STREET, 3.2 M (10.5 FT) EAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND 1.4 M (4.6 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.