Details for Benchmark: CP0563
N 32° 21.367 W 090° 52.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARREN county, MS View Original Datasheet
- K 236
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
0.65 MI N FROM VICKSBURG. ABOUT 0.15 MILES WEST ALONG CRAWFORD STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AND COURTHOUSE AT VICKSBURG, THENCE 0.5 MILES NORTH ALONG WASHINGTON STREET (BUSINESS ROUTE, U.S. HIGHWAY 61), 0.1 MILE NORTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF FIRST EAST STREET AND U.S. HIGHWAY 61, 67 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 25 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE 76 SERVICE STATION AND STORE, AT A 30 FOOT BY 15 FOOT BOX CULVERT AND SMALL SPILLWAY OVER GLASS BAYOU, 2 INCHES WEST OF A CHAIN LINK PROTECTIVE FENCE AND SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEADWALL, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. SECTION 13, T 16N, R 3E.
|01/30/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
0.7 KM (0.45 MI) NORTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 61 BUSINESS (WASHINGTON STREET) FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 80 BUSINESS (CLAY STREET) IN VICKSBURG, IN TOP OF AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A SMALL BRIDGE SPANNING GLASS BAYOU, 20.5 M (67.3 FT) EAST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 7.7 M (25.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A FINA SERVICE STATION, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.