Details for Benchmark: CP0566
N 32° 22.317 W 090° 52.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARREN county, MS View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by MSHD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1967
1.9 MI N FROM VICKSBURG. THE MARK IS LOCATED 1.9 MILES NORTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM GATE 7 OF THE CITY SEA WALL AT VICKSBURG, 160 FEET NORTH OF THE ARCH AT THE NATIONAL CEMETERY, 121 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, AT A BRIDGE OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 61 AND ON THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.