Details for Benchmark: CP0647
N 32° 20.917 W 090° 53.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARREN county, MS View Original Datasheet
- PBM VH 2 CAP
- Marker Type:
- cap-and-bolt pair
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Blue Canary marked CP0647 as destroyed
It appears this mark was destroyed when the casino was built on the site.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1967
IN VICKSBURG. THE MARK IS LOCATED IN VICKSBURG, ON THE EAST BANK OF THE YAZOO DIVERSION CANAL, ABOUT 270 FEET WEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE YAZOO AND MISSISSIPPI VALLEY RAILROAD TRACK AND CROWFORD STREET, ABOUT 250 FEET NORTHEAST OF P.P. WILLIAMS WAREHOUSE 3, ABOUT 170 FEET SOUTH OF THE FERRY LANDING, ABOUT 80 FEET TO THE REAR OF WILLIAMS WAREHOUSE 1, AND 5 FEET EAST OF THE SEA WALL. A COPPER BOLT, SET IN THE TOP OF A STONE, ABOUT 3 FEET UNDER GROUND ACCESS TO WHICH IS HAD THROUGH AN IRON PIPE BEARING A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY STANDARD CAP.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.