Details for Benchmark: CQ0772
N 32° 14.333 W 092° 23.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, LA View Original Datasheet
- F 3470 LAGS RESET 1956
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
9.5 MI SE FROM CHATHAM. LOCATED ABOUT 5.5 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 4 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CHATHAM TO ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 499, THENCE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 499 TO A CROSSROAD AND THE MARK IN THE NORTHEAST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION. IT IS 102 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE, 38 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST-WEST ROAD, AND 38 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY 499, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.