Details for Benchmark: CR1287
N 32° 17.685 W 095° 15.604 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SMITH county, TX View Original Datasheet
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CORP WATER TK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (RLE)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3 MILES SOUTH OF TYLER AND ABOUT 0.4 MILE NORTH OF THE GENERAL ELECTRIC CORP. PLANT. IT IS ABOUT 150 FEET EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY NUMBER 110. THE TANK IS SUPPORTED BY AN EIGHT LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE, SILVER IN COLOR, AND HAS AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 157 FEET.
THE TOP AND CENTER WAS THE POINT INTERSECTED.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE ENTRANCE TO THE PLANT AND STATE HIGHWAY NUMBER 110, GO NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY NUMBER 110 FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.