Details for Benchmark: CS1780
N 32° 46.250 W 097° 21.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- 5661 C OF FW
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by TX2450 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
IN FORT WORTH. ABOUT 1 1/2 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COUNTY COURT HOUSE, IN FORT WORTH, IN THE NORTHWEST POINT OF THE INTERSECTION OF NORTHWEST 12TH STREET AND LAGONDA AVE., IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE YARD AT 1301 LAGONDA, 16.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE AND 34.1 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER. IT IS 3 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB LINE OF 12TH STREET, 3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE AND 10 FEET SOUTH WEST OF A 20 INCH DIAMETER OAK TREE. A STANDARD CITY OF FORT WORTH IRON DISK STAMPED 5661 CITY MONUMENT IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH IS ABOUT 3 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE LAWN.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT CHANGE NORTHWEST 12TH STREET TO WEST NORTHSIDE DRIVE. ALSO THE 1958 DESCRIPTION STATES THAT THE DISK IS STAMPED 5661 CITY MONUMENT, BUT IS STAMPED ONLY 5661.
|03/01/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.