Details for Benchmark: CS1814
N 32° 42.383 W 097° 08.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- H 183
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
4.3 MI SW FROM ARLINGTON. 1.6 MILES WEST ALONG THE TEXAS AND PACIFIC RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT ARLINGTON, TARRANT COUNTY, THENCE 2.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG AN OILED ROAD, AND THENCE 0.7 MILE WEST ALONG ANOTHER OILED ROAD. AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF LUCAS AIRPORT, 66 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE EAST-AND-WEST OILED ROAD, 38 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POLE, 31 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 3 FEET SOUTH OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND 1 FOOT WEST OF A FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 183 1952 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- THIS BENCH MARK MAY BE REACHED FROM THE ARLINGTON STATE BANK BY GOING WEST ON ABRAM STREET 1.6 MILES TO FIELDER AVENUE, THENCE SOUTH 2.0 MILES TO ARKANSAS LANE ROAD, THENCE WEST 0.7 MILE TO BENCH MARK ON THE LEFT.
|01/01/1980 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1980
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (RAP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|04/27/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.