Details for Benchmark: CS1820
N 32° 44.967 W 097° 06.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- J 183
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
1.3 MI NW FROM ARLINGTON. 0.9 MILE NORTH ALONG NORTH CENTER STREET FROM THE ARLINGTON STATE BANK AT ARLINGTON, TARRANT COUNTY, THENCE 0.4 MILE WEST ALONG RANDOL MILL STREET. AT PULLEY AIRPORT, 174 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF RANDOL MILL STREET, 148 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE AIRPORT, 108 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE AIRPORT OFFICE, 3 FEET NORTH OF A POWER-TRANSMISSION LINE POLE, AND 2.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED J 183 1952 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- THE AIRPORT IS GONE AND THE AREA IS NOW A BUSINESS DISTRICT AND DWELLING HOUSES. THERE HAVE BEEN NEW STREETS BUILT WHICH MAKES MOST OF THE DISTANCES OBSOLETE IN THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION.
|04/13/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (TJD)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|04/27/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.