Details for Benchmark: CS1970
N 32° 44.700 W 097° 12.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- X 944
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
IN HANDLEY. ABOUT 1 MILE NORTH OF THE TRAFFIC LIGHT ON HIGHWAY NO.80 ALONG HANDLEY DRIVE AND ABOUT 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG MEADOWBROOK DRIVE, 22 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF MEADOWBROOK DRIVE, 3 FEET EAST OF THE EAST FENCE OF THE RESIDENCE NO.6912 MEADOWBROOK DRIVE AND ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED X 944 1946 598.148 IN A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 3 INCHES.
|01/01/1959 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1959
MARK NOT FOUND.
|04/27/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.