Details for Benchmark: CS2557
N 32° 44.250 W 097° 06.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- T 1496
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
IN ARLINGTON. IN ARLINGTON, AT THE INTERSECTION OF CENTER AND FRONT STREETS, 27.7 M (90.9 FT) NORTH OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD, 8.5 M (27.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF FRONT STREET, 6.9 M (22.6 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH BOUND LANES OF CENTER STREET, 0.9 M (3.0 FT) SOUTH OF A UTILITY POLE WITH A GUY WIRE, AND 0.8 M (2.6 FT) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A SIDEWALK. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE STREET.
|10/03/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (GAS)
IN ARLINGTON, AT THE INTERSECTION OF NORTH CENTER AND EAST FRONT STREETS, 45.6 M (149.6 FT) NORTH OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACKS OF THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD, A METAL ROD DRIVEN 1.2 METERS AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 9.0 M (29.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF EAST FRONT STREET, 7.1 M (23.3 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF NORTH CENTER STREET, 0.8 M (2.6 FT) SOUTH OF UTILITY POLE NUMBER 117 WITH 1 GUY CABLE AND A STREET LIGHT, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREETS. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
|09/21/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.