Details for Benchmark: CS2928
N 32° 41.554 W 097° 09.192 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- DAL WORTHINGTON GARDENS TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (FRG)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE COMMUNITY OF DAL-WORTHINGTON GARDENS ABOUT 5-1/2 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE POST OFFICE IN ARLINGTON, ABOUT 175 FEET WEST OF A BLACKTOP ROAD. IT IS A SILVER PAINTED, 4 LEGGED, STEEL WATER TANK ABOUT 100 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE APEX OF THE TANK.
TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN ARLINGTON GO 1 BLOCK EAST ON MAIN STREET TO CENTER STREET, HERE TURN LEFT AND GO 2 BLOCKS TO U.S. HIGHWAY 80. TURN LEFT ON HIGHWAY AND GO 2.3 MILES TO BLACKTOP ROAD JUST PAST THE BONNY COURTS AND TRAILER PARK. TURN LEFT HERE AND GO 2.0 MILES SOUTH TO CROSSROAD AND RIGHT TURN IN BLACKTOP AT FILLING STATION. TAKE RIGHT TURN AND GO 0.4 MILE TO A LEFT TURN IN BLACKTOP. TAKE LEFT TURN AND GO 1.0 MILE TO STATION ON RIGHT.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (HWH)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
DIRECTIONS FOR PROCEEDING TO STATION SITE ARE CORRECT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.