Details for Benchmark: CS2933
N 32° 44.984 W 097° 20.020 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- FORT WORTH WEA BUR ANEMOMETER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE ANEMOMETER ON THE TOP OF THE UNITED STATES COURTHOUSE, AND BELONGING TO THE U.S. WEATHER BUREAU, IN FORT WORTH, TEXAS. THE STATION IS ON THE TOP OF A PENTHOUSE, WHICH IS ON THE NW END OF THE COURTHOUSE, AT THE SW CORNER OF 10TH AND LAMAR STREETS. THE ANEMOMETER WAS PLACED IN ITS PRESENT LOCATION IN 1934. IT IS NOT VERY PROMINENT, BUT WAS INTERSECTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE WEATHER BUREAU.
THE TOP OF THE BUILDING IS 80.7 FEET ABOVE THE STREET LEVEL. THE PENTHOUSE ON WHICH THE ANEMOMETER SETS IS A 22- BY 22-FOOT STRUCTURE, THE TOP OF WHICH IS 92.0 FEET ABOVE THE STREET LEVEL. THE ANEMOMETER IS A STANDARD TYPE U.S. WEATHER BUREAU INSTRUMENT ON A VANE, THE TOP OF WHICH IS 99.1 FEET ABOVE THE STREET LEVEL.
|03/05/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.