Details for Benchmark: CS2965
N 32° 44.820 W 097° 19.512 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- FORT WORTH WELL AND MACH CO TK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE TANK OF THE FORT WORTH WELL AND MACHINERY COMPANY, IN FORT WORTH, TEXAS. IT IS ON THE MAIN BUILDING OF THE COMPANY, ON THE NE SIDE, ON A SQUARE BLACK STEEL PLATFORM, ABOUT 55 FEET SW OF THE CENTER LINE OF COMMERCE STREET, AND ABOUT 105 FEET NW OF THE CENTER LINE OF FIFTEENTH STREET. THE TANK WAS ERECTED IN 1916 AND IS QUITE PROMINENT IN ALL DIRECTIONS, EXCEPT WHERE OBSTRUCTED BY HIGH BUILDINGS.
THE BUILDING ON WHICH THE TANK SETS IS ABOUT 110 FEET HIGH. THE PLATFORM WHICH IS THE BASE OF THE TANK, IS ABOUT 20 FEET HIGH. THE TANK IS ROUND IN SHAPE, SILVER IN COLOR, AND ABOUT 30 FEET HIGH. IT HAS THE WORDS FORT WORTH SPUDDERS PAINTED IN BLACK ON THE NE SIDE AND THE WORDS FORT WORTH WELL AND MACHINERY COMPANY IN BLACK ON THE SW SIDE. THE CONICAL ROOF HAS A BALL AND LIGHT AT ITS APEX. THE TOTAL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 165 FEET.
|03/05/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.