Details for Benchmark: CS2991
N 32° 45.368 W 097° 19.602 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- FORT WORTH ELLISON FURN CO TK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Web-ling marked CS2991 as destroyed
No sign of any towers.
[last edit: 10/16/2002 5:32:23 PM PST]
||sportrak couldn't find CS2991
All the area around the building is now parking lots. No sign of any tower. Buildings are now a document storage company office and storage area.
[last edit: 7/4/2002 11:36:27 AM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE TANK AT THE ELLISON FURNITURE AND CARPET COMPANY, IN FORT WORTH, TEXAS. IT IS ABOUT 130 FEET NW OF THE CENTER LINE OF E FIFTH STREET, ABOUT 90 FEET NE OF THE CENTER LINE OF PECAN STREET, BETWEEN WAREHOUSE NUMBERS 2 AND 3, OF THE ELLISON COMPANY. THE TANK WAS ERECTED IN 1921 AND IS FAIRLY PROMINENT.
THE TANK HAS FOUR BLACK TRUSSWORK LEGS ABOUT 80 FEET HIGH. THE BLACK OVAL SECTION EXTENDS DOWNWARD ABOUT 15 FEET. THE VERTICAL SECTION IS SILVER IN COLOR, ABOUT 20 FEET HIGH AND HAS A CATWALK AND RAIL AROUND ITS BASE. THE SILVER CONICAL ROOF HAS A BALL AT ITS APEX. THE TOTAL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 125 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.