Details for Benchmark: CS2998
N 32° 45.092 W 097° 19.901 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TARRANT county, TX View Original Datasheet
- FAIR 1935
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS NEAR THE CENTER OF THE ROOF OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT OF THE FAIR BUILDING, AT THE SW CORNER OF SEVENTH AND THROCKMORTON STREETS IN FORT WORTH. THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN CONCRETE FLOOR OF THE ROOF, 23.5 FEET E OF THE BASE OF THE W PARAPET WALL, 22.9 FEET W OF THE BASE OF THE E PARAPET WALL, 19.95 FEET N OF THE BASE OF THE S PARAPET WALL, 32.5 FEET S OF THE BASE OF THE N PARAPET WALL.
NO REFERENCE OR AZIMUTH MARKS WERE SET.
|01/01/1954 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954 (JL)
THE STATION MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED. THERE ARE NO REFERENCE MARKS.
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (SEU)
THE STATION MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED IN THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION. THE MEASUREMENTS MADE FROM THE PARAPET WALLS TO THE STATION MARK WERE FOUND TO BE GOOD FOR RECOVERY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.