Details for Benchmark: CV0707
N 32° 27.450 W 103° 31.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEA county, NM View Original Datasheet
- X 354
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
55.1 MI EAST FROM CARLSBAD. 17.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAYS 62 AND 180 FROM THE EAST END OF THE BATAAN BRIDGE OVER THE PECOS RIVER, THENCE 7.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 31, THENCE 5.05 MILES EAST ALONG A DIRT ROAD, THENCE 3.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD, THENCE 21.35 MILES EAST ALONG A PIPE LINE ROAD, AT THE CREST OF A HILL, 22 FT. SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF AN OUTCROP, 255 FT. WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 0.3 MILE WEST OF BENCH MARK T T 7.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.