Details for Benchmark: CX1201
N 32° 31.167 W 107° 59.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LUNA county, NM View Original Datasheet
- HIGHWAY RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1936 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
34.8 KM NW FROM DEMING. 0.2 KILOMETER (0.1 MILE) EAST ALONG SPRUCE STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN DEMING, THENCE 34.7 KILOMETERS (21.7 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 180, 0.6 KILOMETER (0.4 MILE) SOUTHEAST OF THE LUNA AND GRANT COUNTY LINE, 35.3 METERS (116.0 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION MARK, 20.2 METERS (66.2 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY AND 0.5 METER (1.8 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.9 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.6 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.