Details for Benchmark: CY0435
N 32° 21.367 W 109° 36.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCHISE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
16.2 MI NE FROM WILLCOX. 16.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT WILLCOX, 0.7 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF UNITED STATES HIGHWAY 666 AND STATE HIGHWAY 86, 0.4 MILE SOUTHEAST OF HIGHWAY MILEPOST NUMBER 344, 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST OF A SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD UNDERPASS NUMBER 1091.04, IN THE TOP AND AT THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE NORTHEAST RAILING OF A BRIDGE OVER A DEEP DRY WASH, 26.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE BRIDGE, 17.4 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 0.7 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY. NOTE-- 7.4 MILES NORTHWEST OF BOWIE ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD THENCE 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
13.2 KILOMETERS (8.2 MILES) WEST ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 FROM THE RICHARDS AVENUE UNDERPASS AT BOWIE, AT THE FRONTAGE ROAD BRIDGE OVER GOLD GULCH, IN TOP OF THE ADJUSTABLE SECTION OF THE NORTHEAST CURB, 7.9 METERS (26 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE CURB AND 5.4 METERS (17.5 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE BRIDGE FLOOR.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.