Details for Benchmark: CY0818
N 32° 32.633 W 108° 01.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GRANT county, NM View Original Datasheet
- R 358
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
43.7 KM SE FROM SILVER CITY. 1.0 KILOMETER (0.7 MILE) NORTH ALONG HUDSON STREET (STATE HIGHWAY 90) FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SILVER CITY, THENCE 42.7 KILOMETERS (26.7 MILES) SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 180, 1.3 KILOMETERS (0.8 MILE) NORTHWEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 61, 19.3 METER (63.3 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 0.8 METERS (1.7 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF A FEN NOTE= REFUSAL WAS REACHED AT 3.6 METERS (12.0 FEET). ACCESS TO DISK IS THROUGH A 4-INCH SCREW PLUG. THE MARK IS 0.5 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.9 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.