Details for Benchmark: CZ0055
N 32° 10.550 W 110° 54.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Z 316
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
5.1 MI SE FROM TUCSON. 5.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, ON TOP AND AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE NUMBER 988.80, 7.4 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST TRACK, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACKS.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
5.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, 0.15 MILE SOUTH OF THE CROSSING OF AJO HIGHWAY, AT BRIDGE 988.80, IN TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT, 7.5 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST SET OF TRACKS, 1.2 FEET WEST OF THE END OF THE HEADWALL. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH BOTTOM OF THE RAILS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.