Details for Benchmark: CZ0199
N 32° 07.833 W 110° 57.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
6.5 MI S FROM TUCSON. 6.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, AT THE JUNCTION OF U. S. HIGHWAY 89 AND EAST MEDINA ROAD, 114 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A WOODEN RAILROAD BRIDGE, AT A HIGHWAY DOUBLE CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL, 22.6 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1973 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1973
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
10.3 KILOMETERS (6.4 MILES) SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, 88 PACES NORTH OF THE T JUNCTION OF U S HIGHWAY 89 AND MEDINA ROAD, AT A DOUBLE BOX CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY AND IN THE TOP CENTER OF THE EAST HEADWALL, 31.7 METERS (114 FEET) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF RAIL- ROAD BRIDGE 990.80, 6.9 METERS (22.6 FEET) EAST OF THE CENTER- LINE OF U S HIGHWAY 89. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY..
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.