Details for Benchmark: CZ0360
N 32° 32.478 W 111° 17.721 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3.1 MI SE FROM RED ROCK. 3.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD AND STATE HIGHWAY 84 FROM THE STATION AT RED ROCK, 0.15 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE AVRA RAILROAD STATION, ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN TELEGRAPH POLES NUMBER 6 AND 7, 97 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 62.6 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEGRAPH POLE NUMBER 7, 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, RIVITED ON TOP OF A 3 1/2 INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.8 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, AND ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
47.5 KILOMETERS (29.5 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, MIDWAY BETWEEN TWO ROWS OF TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH POLES, 29.65 METERS (97.0 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 19.25 METERS (63.1 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF TELEGRAPH POLE NUMBER 7, 30.0 METERS (37.4 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST ONE OF TWO ORANGE PIPE LINE POSTS PROJECTING 1.2 METERS (4 FEET), 11.4 METERS (37.4 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD, RIVETED ON TOP OF A 3.5 INCH PIPE PROJECTING 23 CM THE MARK IS 0.5 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE FRONTAGE ROAD.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (MRM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AT THIS DATE, IN GOOD CONDITION.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 67.6 KM (42 MI) NORTHWEST OF TUCSON, 10.5 KM (6.5 MI) SOUTHEAST OF PICACHO PEAK AND 1.4 KM (0.9 MI) SOUTHEAST OF THE SAGUARO STEAM PLANT. OWNERSHIP--HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 AND RED ROCK ROAD (EXIT 226) WHICH IS ABOUT 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) NORTHEAST OF RED ROCK, GO EAST FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON RED ROCK ROAD TO A STOP SIGN AND THE FRONTAGE ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTHEAST FOR 3.0 KM (1.85 MI) ON THE FRONTAGE ROAD TO A PAVED ROAD LEFT LEADING TO THE SAGUARO STEAM PLANT. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AND GO SOUTHEAST FOR 1.4 KM (0.9 MI) ON THE FRONTAGE ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD USGS PIPE CAP STAMPED---1899 NOGLS---, SET ONTO A 3-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 30 CM ABOVE GROUND. LOCATED 29.5 METERS (96.8 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE WESTERNMOST RAIL OF THE RAILROAD TRACKS, 16.0 METERS (52.5 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A POWER POLE, 11.4 METERS (37.4 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD AND 0.6 METERS (1.9 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A METAL WITNESS POST.
AVRA VALLEY, ARIZONA, SUBSIDENCE MONITORING, FEBRUARY-MARCH 1987.
THIS STATION SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY G.S. HART.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.