Details for Benchmark: CZ0399
N 32° 32.400 W 111° 25.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- S 89
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
6.1 MI W FROM RED ROCK. 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT RED ROCK, THENCE 5.8 MILES WEST ALONG A GRADED ROAD, ABOUT 0.1 MILE WEST OF A T JUNCTION OF A GRADED DIRT ROAD LEADING SOUTH, AT A CATTLE GUARD ACROSS THE ROAD, 179.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE CATTLE GUARD, 162 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 94.4 FEET NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 92.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A T IN A FENCE LINE, 1.8 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1977
0.2 MI SE. ALONG STATE HWY. 84 (FRONTAGE RD.) FROM FORMER SPRR STATION AT RED ROCK, THENCE 5.9 MI SW. ALONG SASCO RD. 385 FT NE. OF CATTLEGUARD, 155 FT N. OF CENTERLINE OF RD., 94 FT NW. OF TELEPHONE POLE, 92 FT SW. OF T IN FENCE LINE, 1.8 FT S. OF WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FT LOWER THAN RD., IN CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FT ABOVE GROUND. NGS DISK STAMPED S 89 1935.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.