Details for Benchmark: CZ0401
N 32° 32.117 W 111° 25.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 292
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
7.1 MI W FROM RED ROCK. 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT RED ROCK, THENCE 6.9 MILE WEST ALONG A GRADED ROAD, ABOUT 0.4 MILE WEST OF A Y JUNCTION OF A GRADED ROAD LEADING NORTH TO THE LA OSA RANCH AT A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE LINE, 0.05 MILE SOUTH OF AN ABANDONED STONE BUILDING, 54 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 8.2 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A FENCE, 1.6 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 1.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1977
0.2 MI SE. ALONG OLD STATE HWY. 84 (FRONTAGE RD.) FROM FORMER SPRR STATION AT RED ROCK, THENCE 6.8 MI SW. ALONG SASCO RD. ABOUT 0.3 MI W. OF RD. JCT. TO LA OSA RANCH. 55 FT N. OF RD. FORK S., 8.2 FT N. OF SOUTH END OF FENCE, 1.5 FT E. OF FENCE, 1.8 FT S. OF WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FT LOWER THAN RD. IN CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FT. NGS DISK STAMPED B 292 1951.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.