Details for Benchmark: CZ0456
N 32° 58.433 W 111° 27.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- W 259
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive retaining walls
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
0.5 MI S FROM COOLIDGE. 0.5 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT COOLIDGE, 3.1 MILES EAST ALONG A COUNTY ROAD. AT AN IRRIGATION DITCH SPILLWAY, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH WALL, 1 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTH END, 35.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, AND 13.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF POLE 7. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED W 259 1945.
|01/04/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
1.4 KM (0.85 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG MAIN STREET (STATE HIGHWAY 287) FROM THE POST OFFICE IN FLORENCE, THENCE 4.1 KM (2.55 MI) SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG CANAL ROAD, THENCE 1.7 KM (1.05 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG SELLERS STREET, THENCE 1.8 KM (1.10 MI) WESTERLY ALONG VAH KI INN ROAD, THENCE 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG VALLEY FARMS ROAD, THENCE 2.0 KM (1.25 MI) WESTERLY ALONG KENILWORTH ROAD, IN TOP OF AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A CANAL RETAINING WALL, AND 11.3 M (37.1 FT) NORTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD CENTERLINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.