Details for Benchmark: CZ0457
N 32° 58.417 W 111° 26.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- V 259
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
3.2 MI NW FROM COOLIDGE ARMY AIR F. 3.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG A COUNTY ROAD FROM THE MAIN GATE AT COOLIDGE ARMY AIR FIELD, AT THE JUNCTION OF A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING SOUTH TO A FARMHOUSE, 38 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MAIN ROAD, 15 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE PRIVATE ROAD, 2.7 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 1.2 FEET EAST OF THE FENCE, AND 1.8 FEET NORTH OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 259 1945 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|01/04/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
1.4 KM (0.85 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG MAIN STREET (STATE HIGHWAY 287) FROM THE POST OFFICE IN FLORENCE, THENCE 4.1 KM (2.55 MI) SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG CANAL ROAD, THENCE 1.7 KM (1.05 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG SELLERS STREET, THENCE 1.8 KM (1.10 MI) WESTERLY ALONG VAH KI INN ROAD, THENCE 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG VALLEY FARMS ROAD, THENCE 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) WESTERLY ALONG KENILWORTH ROAD, 27.7 M (90.9 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVEWAY, 11.5 M (37.7 FT) SOUTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD CENTERLINE, 5.4 M (17.7 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVEWAY, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) EAST OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.05 M (0.16 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE. NOTE--THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE MONUMENT HAS BEEN CHIPPED AWAY, BUT IT IS SOLID IN PLACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.