Details for Benchmark: CZ0471
N 32° 32.617 W 111° 17.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- SAGUARO RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
2.5 MI SE FROM REDROCK. 7.9 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 FROM THE MARANA OVERPASS AT THE SMALL VILLAGE OF MARANA, ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF THE EAST BOUND LANE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10, 42 FEET NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 1.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
47.8 KILOMETTERS (29.7 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, O.2 KILOMETER (0.1 MILE) SOUTHWEST AND ACROSS INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 FROM THE RAILROAD, 1.0 KILOMETER (0.6 MILE) SOUTHEAST OF THE SAGUARO SERVICE PLANT 0.2 KILOMETER (0.1 MILE) NORTHWEST OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 MILE POST 229, 28.7 METERS (94.0 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 EAST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE, 14.5 METERS (47.6 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE STATION, 0.3 METER (1.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. THE MARK IS 12.8 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.