Details for Benchmark: CZ0481
N 32° 29.550 W 111° 15.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3.4 MI NW FROM MARANA. 3.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 AND SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARANA, 0.05 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF A DIVIDER BETWEEN THE EAST AND WEST BOUND TRAFFIC LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, AT A RAILROAD LOADING PLATFORM, AT RAILROAD MILEAGE 958.57, AT A HIGHWAY CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE HEADWALL, 16 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTHWEST BOUND HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|1/1/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
40.9 KILOMETERS (25.4 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, AT RAILROAD MILEAGE 958.57, AT AN OLD ROAD DOUBLE BOX CULVERT IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL, 2.8 METERS (9.2 FEET) NORTHWEST OF SOUTHEAST END, 47.6 METERS (56 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 4.9 METERS (16 FEET) NORTHEAST OF OLD ROAD BED, 24.75 METERS (81.2 FEET) NORHTEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD ( OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 84). THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE OLD ROAD BED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.