Details for Benchmark: CZ0489
N 32° 28.083 W 111° 13.420 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1931 by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
1.1 MI NW FROM MARANA. 1.1 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 AND SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARANA, ABOUT 2 POLES SOUTHEAST OF MILE POLE NUMBER 961, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A DOUBLE BOX TYPE HIGHWAY CULVERT, ABOUT 125 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE MAIN RAILROAD TRACK, 16 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHWEST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|1/1/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
36.8 KILOMETERS (22.9 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, 1.0 KILOMETER (0.6 MILE) NORTHWEST OF MARANA ROAD, 0.2 KILOMETER (0.1 MILE) SOUTHEAST OF MILE POST 961, AT A FRONTAGE ROAD DOUBLE BOX CULVERT IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL, 35.8 (117.6 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 4.9 METERS (16.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.1 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
|1/1/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (MRM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AT THIS DATE, IN GOOD CONDITION.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 56.3 KM (35 MI) NORTHWEST OF TUCSON, 22.5 KM (14 MI) SOUTHEAST OF PICACHO PEAK AND 3.2 KM (2 MI) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF MARANA. OWNERSHIP--HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 AND THE MARANA INTERCHANGE WHICH IS ABOUT 1.2 KM (0.75 MI) NORTH OF MARANA, GO NORTH-NORTHEAST FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON SANDARIO ROAD TO A STOP SIGN AT THE FRONTAGE ROAD. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTHWEST FOR 1.0 KM (0.6 MI) ON THE FRONTAGE ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD AZHD DISK STAMPED---171+82 1969.43 1931---, SET INTO A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT. LOCATED 36.0 METERS (118.1 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE WESTERNMOST RAIL OF THE RAILROAD TRACKS, 5.3 METERS (17.4 FT) SOUTH FROM THE POWER POLE NUMBER 3 AND 4.8 METERS (15.7 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD.
AVRA VALLEY, ARIZONA, SUBSIDENCE MONITORING, FEBRUARY-MARCH 1987.
THIS STATION SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY G.S. HART.
|2/4/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.