Details for Benchmark: CZ0494
N 32° 27.133 W 111° 12.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1931 by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
0.6 MI SE FROM MARANA. 1.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD AND FRONTAGE ROAD FROM THE MARANA EXIT ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE, AT RAILROAD MILEAGE NUMBER 962.75, IN THE TOP CENTER OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL, 16 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD. CORNER OF NW 1/4, SEC 26, T11 S, R 11 E.
|1/1/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
34.1 KILOMETERS (21.2 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, AT RAILROAD MILEAGE 962.75, AT A 5-CHANNEL FRONTAGE ROAD (OLD U. S. HIGHWAY 84) CONCRETE BRIDGE, IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL, 34.5 METERS (113 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 8.4 METERS (27.6 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE HEADWALL AND 5.0 METERS (16.4 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
|2/4/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.