Details for Benchmark: CZ0498
N 32° 26.917 W 111° 11.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
0.9 MI SE FROM MARANA. 0.9 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 AND SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARANA, AT A RAILROAD MILEAGE NUMBER 963.13, AND IN THE TOP OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE CURBING OF THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE, 21.2 FEET SOUTH OF TELEGRAPH POLE NUMBER 1, 16 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTHWEST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|1/1/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
33.5 KILOMETERS (20.8 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TUCSON, AT RAILROAD MILEAGE 963.13, AT A 4-CHANNEL CONCRETE BRIDGE UNDER THE FRONTAGE ROAD (OLD U. S. HIGHWAY 84), IN THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL, 34.5 METERS (113 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 6.7 METERS (22 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE HEADWALL AND 5.0 METERS (16.4 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.4 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.