Details for Benchmark: CZ0589
N 32° 27.717 W 111° 21.216 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- L 94
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
14.7 MI W FROM RILLITO. 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT RILLITO, THENCE 1.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG A PRIVATE ROAD WHICH LEADS THRU THE ARIZONA PORTLAND CEMENT PLANT, THENCE 13.2 MILES ACROSS MARANA NO 2 AIRPORT WEST ALONG THE SILVER BELL ROAD, 144 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST OF THE CENTER OF A WASH ACROSS THE ROAD, 31 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2.9 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (MRM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AT THIS DATE, IN GOOD CONDITION.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 62.8 KM (39 MI) NORTHWEST OF TUCSON, 14.5 KM (9 MI) SOUTH OF PICACHO PEAK AND 9.7 KM (6 MI) WEST OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10. OWNERSHIP--HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 AND THE MARANA INTERCHANGE WHICH IS ABOUT 1.2 KM (0.75 MI) NORTH OF MARANA, GO SOUTHWEST FOR 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) ON SANDARIO ROAD TO MARANA ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 8.7 KM (5.4 MI) ON MARANA ROAD TO A STOP SIGN AND JUNCTION OF TRICO ROAD. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AND GO WEST FOR 0.9 KM (0.55 MI) ON THE DIRT ROAD TO A STOP SIGN AND SILVERBELLE ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTHWEST FOR 2.8 KM (1.75 MI) ON SILVERBELLE ROAD TO A FORK. FOLLOW THE LEFT FORK AND GO WESTERLY FOR 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) ON SILVERBELLE ROAD TO A NARROW ONE LANE BRIDGE. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AND GO WEST FOR 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) ON SILVERBELLE ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD CGS BENCH MARK DISK STAMPED---L 94 1935---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT 26 CM ON SIDE PROJECTING 26 CM ABOVE GROUND. LOCATED 8.8 METERS (28.87 FT) SOUTH FROM THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF SILVERBELLE ROAD AND 2.3 METERS (7.55 FT) SOUTH FROM A METAL WITNESS POST.
AVRA VALLEY, ARIZONA, SUBSIDENCE MONITORING, FEBRUARY-MARCH 1987.
THIS STATION SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY S.E. RANDALL.
|02/04/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) WARNING-GPS observations at this control monument resulted in a GPS derived orthometric height which differed from the leveled height by more than one decimeter (0.1 meter). The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.