Details for Benchmark: CZ0642
N 32° 22.250 W 111° 22.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- R 294
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
19.6 MI W FROM RILLITO. 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT RILLITO, THENCE 1.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING THRU THE ARIZONA PORTLAND CEMENT PLANT, THENCE 9.6 MILES WEST ALONG SILVER BELL ROAD, ACROSS THE MARANA NO 2 AIRPORT, TO THE TRICO ELECTRIC POWER PLANT, THENCE 4.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD TO MARANA NO 4 AIRPORT, THENCE 4.3 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD TO AN INTERSECTION, AT AN INTERSECTION OF A ROAD LEADING SOUTH TO THE EL PASO GAS COMPRESSOR PLANT, 61 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A T JUNCTION, 25 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2.2 FEET EAST OF THE NORTH-SOUTH FENCE LINE, 2.7 FEET NORTH OF THE WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.