Details for Benchmark: CZ0652
N 32° 24.936 W 111° 22.330 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- X 294
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
22.75 MI W FROM RILLITO. 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT RILLITO, THENCE 1.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING ACROSS THE MARANA NO 2 AIRPORT, TO THE TRICO ELECTRIC POWER PLANT, THENCE 4.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD TO MARANA NO 4 AIRPORT THENCE 4.3 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD TO AN INTERSECTION, THENCE 3.15 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, 1 MILE SOUTH OF A ROAD INTERSECTION, 43-1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 2.5 FEET EAST OF THE WITNESS POST, AND 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|02/06/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
TO REACH THE STATION FROM TUCSON, AZ, INTERSTATE 10 AND CONGRESS ST (EXIT 258), TRAVEL NORTH (WEST BOUND) 22 MI (35.4 KM) TO TRICO-MARANA RD (EXIT 236), WEST ON TRICO-MARANA RD 5 MILES (8.0 KM) TO TRICO RD, SOUTH ON TRICO RD 1.5 MI (2.4 KM) TO EL TIRO RD, WEST ON EL TIRO RD 4 MILES (6.4 KM) TO PUMP STATION RD, SOUTH ON PUMP STATION RD 1 MI (1.6 KM) TO A WESTERLY RUNNING DIRT RD, THE MARKER IS ON THE NORTH EDGE OF THIS DIRT RD, AND 35 FT (10.7 M) WEST OF PUMP STATION RD CENTERLINE. TOWNSHIP 12 SOUTH, RANGE 9 EAST, SECTION 1. MARKER IS A STANDARD 3-1/2 IN. BRONZE DISK SET IN 1 FT (0.3 M) X 5 1/2 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE CIRCLE STAMPED U.S. COAST AND GEODETIC BENCH MARK X-294 1951
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1993.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model. The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.