Details for Benchmark: CZ0721
N 32° 18.400 W 111° 13.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- T 94
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
11.95 MI W FROM CORTARO. 1.75 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG CORTARO ROAD FROM THE GENERAL STORE AND POST OFFICE AT CORTARO, THENCE 7.05 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG KINNEY ROAD, THENCE 3.15 MILES WEST ALONG ENCINAS DRIVE, ALSO 21.9 MILES WEST OF TUCSON, 6.2 MILES WEST OF THE U. S. VETERANS HOSPITAL IN TUCSON, ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86, THENCE 13.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG KINNEY ROAD (VIA MCCAIN LOOP), THENCE 2.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG PALO VERDE TRAIL ROAD, AT AN INTERSECTION FORMED BY THE PALO VERDE ROAD LEADING SOUTH AND THE TWIN PEAKS ROAD LEADING NORTH, AND A GRAVEL AND SAND ROAD WHICH LEADS NORTHWEST TO A GROUP OF ADOBE RUINS, 70 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF PALO VERDE TRAIL ROAD, 35 FEET SOUTH WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD WHICH LEADS NORTHWEST, 2 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST, AND SET IN A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.