Details for Benchmark: CZ0724
N 32° 16.433 W 111° 13.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 295
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
19.4 MI W FROM TUCSON. 6.2 MILES WEST OF THE U. S. VERERANS HOSPITAL, TUCSON, ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86 (AJO-TUCSON), THENCE 13.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG KINNEY ROAD (VIA MCCAIN LOOP), AT A LARGE TRIANGLE FORMED BY THE Y JUNCTION OF KINNEY AND PALO VERDE TRAIL, ROADS, AND IN THE TOP OF A LARGE ROCK OUTCROP, 119 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST APEX OF THE TRIANGLE, 15 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTHEAST LEG OF THE TRIANGLE (KINNEY ROAD), AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.