Details for Benchmark: CZ1060
N 32° 43.900 W 111° 30.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 284
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
1.7 MI NW FROM PICACHO. 1.7 MILES NORTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PICACHO, 0.15 MILE SOUTH OF AN EAST-WEST PAVED ROAD CROSSING, 41 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 2.2 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 1.5 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST WITH SIGN ATTACHED, ABOUT 6 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACKS AND SET IN THE TOP OF A 6-INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
|01/03/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
0.3 KM (0.20 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN ELOY, THENCE 4.2 KM (2.60 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 87, THENCE 0.5 KM (0.30 MI) EASTERLY ALONG MILLIGAN ROAD, THENCE 0.3 KM (0.20 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 12.6 M (41.3 FT) WEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 1.6 M (5.2 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, 0.7 M (2.3 FT) SOUTH OF RAILROAD MILEPOST 979, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.2 M (0.7 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.