Details for Benchmark: CZ1504
N 32° 43.633 W 111° 30.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- U 424
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
27.8 KM SE FROM CASA GRANDE. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE TRACKS. 27.8 KILOMETERS (17.3 MILES) SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CASA GRANDE, AT THE STATE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER THE RAILROAD, 0.25 KILOMETER (0.15 MILE) SOUTHEAST OF RAILROAD MILE POST 936, 10.8 METERS (35.4 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 21 METERS (69 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF BENCH MARK X 363, 7.4 METERS (24.3 FEET) EAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE NORTHEAST PIER FOUNDATION FOR THE NORTHBOUND BRIDGE AND 0.9 METER (3 FEET) CENTIMETERS. THE MARK IS 0.4 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|12/05/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
0.4 KM (0.25 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN ELOY, THENCE 4.6 KM (2.85 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 10.8 M (35.4 FT) NORTHEAST OF AND LEVEL WITH THE NEAR RAIL, 7.4 M (24.3 FT) EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE FIRST PIER SOUTH OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT OF THE NORTHBOUND STATE HIGHWAY 87 OVERPASS OF THE RAILROAD, AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.