Details for Benchmark: CZ1505
N 32° 45.800 W 111° 34.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- S 424
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
22.0 KM SE FROM CASA GRANDE. THE MARK IS 0.5 M BELOW ELEVEN MILE CORNER ROAD. 21.7 KILOMETERS (13.5 MILES) SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CASA GRANDE, THENCE 0.3 KILOMETER (0.2 MILE) NORTH ALONG ELEVEN MILE CORNER ROAD TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH BATTAGLIA DRIVE, SET ON THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION, 22.0 METERS (72 FEET) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF BATTAGLIA DRIVE, 13.1 METERS (43 FEET) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ELEVEN MILE CORNER ROAD, 8 METERS (26.3 FEET) NORTH OF TELEPHONE CABLE BOX NUMBER 7.7 AND 5 METERS (16.4 FEET) SOUTH OF THE SOUTHERNMOST TREE OF A NORTH- SOUTH ROW OF TREES. THE MARK IS 0.4 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|12/05/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
0.3 KM (0.20 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN ELOY, THENCE 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 84, THENCE 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG 11-MILE CORNER ROAD, 17.9 M (58.7 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF BATTAGLIA ROAD, 13.2 M (43.3 FT) WEST OF THE ROAD CENTER, 4.1 M (13.5 FT) NORTH OF A UTILITY BRACE POLE WITH A GUY CABLE, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE--THE DISK IS ENCASED IN A 4-INCH PVC PIPE THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.