Details for Benchmark: CZ2088
N 32° 49.212 W 111° 42.364 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- AG 48
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by DMA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1966
T-7-S. R-6-E. IN SECTION 15 NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER.
THE STATION MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY DISK CENTERED IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE SLAB WHICH IS 2 FEET IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED--AG-48 1966 ARMY MAP SERVICE.
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 415 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SECTION CORNER. APPROXIMATELY 390 FEET SOUTH OF THE EAST-WEST SECTION LINE. APPROXIMATELY 145 FEET WEST OF THE NORTH-SOUTH SECTION LINE. 75 FEET SOUTH OF THE DRAIN. 65 FEET WEST OF A PALO VERDE TREE.
THE REFERENCE MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY DISK CEMENTED IN THE TOP CENTER OF THE NORTH PANEL SEGMENT, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 84 AND 93 IN CASA GRANDE, ARIZONA GO SOUTHEAST ON 84 AND 93 FOR 6.4 MILES TO A PAVED ROAD SOUTH. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH (TOWARD ARIZONA CITY) FOR 1.2 MILES TO A T ROAD WEST (JUST SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 8). TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 1.0 MILES TO A CROSSROAD JUST WEST OF A SMALL BLOCK BUILDING. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH FOR 0.25 MILES TO A FENCE CORNER. GO THREW GATE AT FENCE CORNER AND GO NORTH ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF FENCE FOR 0.5 MILE TO THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A BORROW PIT. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTHWEST AND WEST FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BORROW PIT. TURN RIGHT ON A DIRT ROAD AND GO NORTHWEST FOR 0.3 MILE TO THE INTERSTATE FENCE. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHWEST FOR 0.8 MILE TO THE STATION SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.