Details for Benchmark: CZ2179
N 32° 43.165 W 111° 42.348 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- AG 55
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by DMA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1966
T-8-S. R-6-E. IN SECTION 14 NEAR THE SOUTHWEST CORNER.
THE STATION MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY DISK CENTERED IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST 8 INCHES IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED--AG 55 1966 ARMY MAP SERVICE.
THE STATION IS LOCATED 60 FEET NORTH OF EAST-WEST CONCRETE IRRIGATION DITCH. 90 FEET NORTH OF EAST-WEST ROAD. 125 FEET EAST OF CENTERLINE OF NORTH-SOUTH IRRIGATION DITCH. 57 FEET EAST OF NORTH-SOUTH FIELD ROAD.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 84 AND 93 IN CASA GRANDE, ARIZONA GO SOUTHEAST ON 84 AND 93 FOR 6.4 MILES TO A ROAD SOUTH. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 4.7 MILES TO ARIZONA CITY. FORM THE POST OFFICE IN ARIZONA CITY GO SOUTH FOR 2.5 MILES TO A CROSSROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 2.0 MILES TO A FIELD ROAD SOUTH AND THE STATION SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.