Details for Benchmark: CZ2216
N 32° 41.401 W 111° 46.488 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- AC 57
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by DMA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1966
T-8-S. R-5-E. IN SECTION 36 ABOUT 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF NORTHEAST CORNER.
THE STATION MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY DISK CENTERED IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST 8 INCHES IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED--AC 57 1966 ARMY MAP SERVICE.
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED 49 FEET WEST OF NORTH-SOUTH FENCE. 50 FEET NORTH OF ASSUMED SECTION LINE EAST.
TO REACH FROM THE NORTHEAST BOUNDARY OF THE PAPAGO INDIAN RESERVATION AND THE CHUICHU ROAD GO SOUTHWEST ON THE CHUICHU ROAD FOR 2.3 MILES TO A ROAD SOUTHEAST TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST FOR 0.9 MILE TO A ROAD FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT FORK AND GO SOUTH (PASSING THRU THE VILLAGE OF SHOPISHK) FOR 1.3 MILE TO A TRAIL SOUTHEAST, TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST FOR 0.55 MILE TO A TRAIL FORK, TAKE LEFT FORK AND GO EAST FOR 0.3 MILE TO A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE, TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH CROSS COUNTRY PARALLELING A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE FOR 1.0 MILE TO THE STATION SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.