Details for Benchmark: CZ2224
N 32° 44.009 W 111° 47.562 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- AB 54
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by DMA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1966
T-8-S. R-5-E. SECTION 13. IN THE EAST CENTER PORTION OF LOT 8
THE STATION MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY DISK CENTERED IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST 8 INCHES IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 0.0 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED--AB 54 1966 ARMY MAP SERVICE.
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED 50.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF SAGUARO CACTUS 25 FEET HIGH. 68 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF SAGUARO CACTUS 25 FEET HIGH. 71 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SAGUARO CACTUS 30 FEET HIGH AND 13 FEET WEST OF NORTHWEST-SOUTHEAST TRAIL.
TO REACH FROM THE NORTH BOUNDARY OF THE PAPAGO INDIAN RESERVATION AT THE CHUICHU ROAD 8 MILES SOUTH OF CASA GRANDE, ARIZONA GO SOUTHWEST ON THE CHUICHU ROAD FOR 2.3 MILES TO A ROAD SOUTHEAST. AT THIS POINT THERE IS AN OLD ROAD THAT RUNS PARALLEL WITH AND ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE NEW CHUICHU ROAD. GO SOUTHWEST ON THE OLD CHUICHU ROAD FOR 0.55 MILE TO A TRAIL LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH FOR 0.25 MILE TO STATION SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.