Details for Benchmark: CZ2225
N 32° 40.538 W 111° 47.574 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- AB 58
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by DMA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1966
T-9-S. R-5-E. IN SECTION 1 ABOUT 0.35 MILE SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER.
THE STATION MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY DISK CENTERED IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST 8 INCHES IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED--AB 58 1966 ARMY MAP SERVICE.
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED 80 FEET WEST OF THE NORTH-SOUTH SECTION LINE. ABOUT 760 FEET NORTH OF THE 1/4 SECTION CORNER.
TO REACH FROM THE NORTHEAST BOUNDARY OF THE PAPAGO INDIAN RESERVATION AND THE CHUICHU ROAD GO SOUTHWEST ON THE CHUICHU ROAD FOR 2.3 MILES TO A ROAD SOUTHEAST, TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST FOR 0.9 MILE TO A ROAD FORK. TAKE RIGHT FORK AND GO SOUTH (PASSING THRU THE TOWN OF SHOPISHK) FOR 1.6 MILE TO A ROAD FORK, TAKE THE LEFT FORK AND CONTINUE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST FOR 1.5 MILE TO THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF A BUTTE, TURN LEFT AND FOLLOW TRACKS SOUTH CROSS COUNTRY FOR 0.75 MILE TO A FENCE CORNER, CONTINUE SOUTH ALONG WEST SIDE OF FENCE FOR 0.35 MILE TO THE STATION SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.