Details for Benchmark: CZ2324
N 32° 45.764 W 111° 48.546 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- AA 52
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by DMA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1966
T-8-S. R-5-E. IN SECTION 2 (UNSURVEYED) NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER.
THE STATION MARK IS A CORPS OF ENGINEER, U.S. ARMY DISK CENTERED IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST 8 INCHES IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED--AA 52 1966 ARMY MAP SERVICE.
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED 246 FEET EAST OF A SMALL NORTH-SOUTH DITCH. 263 FEET EAST OF THE NORTH-SOUTH FENCE LINE. 306 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH-SOUTH ROAD. 500 FEET NORTH OF THE EAST-WEST FENCE LINE.
TO REACH FROM THE NORTHEAST ENTRANCE OF THE PAPAGO INDIAN RESERVATION GO SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST ON CHUICHU ROAD FOR 1.7 MILES TO A ROAD TO THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND TRAVEL NORTHWEST AND WEST FOR 2.25 MILES TO A RIGHT ANGLE TURN TO THE NORTH. TURN RIGHT ON MAIN ROAD AND GO NORTH FOR 0.1 MILE TO GATE IN FENCE. TURN RIGHT THRU GATE AND THEN TURN LEFT (NORTH) FOR 0.1 MILE TO STATION SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.