Details for Benchmark: CZ2396
N 32° 15.335 W 110° 57.298 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- WR 52
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1987 (SA)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH SIDE OF TUCSON, IN A SMALL PARK. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF TUCSON, BRUCE JOHNSON, WATER RESOURCES DIVISION, TUCSON WATER, P.O. BOX 27210, TUCSON AZ 85726. FOR SITE INFORMATION CONTACT STEVE ANDERSON, U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY, PHONE 602-629-6223.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 AND PRINCE ROAD IN NORTHWEST TUCSON, GO EAST FOR 3.8 KM (2.35 MI) ON PRINCE ROAD TO THE INTERSECTION OF STONE AVE. CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AND GO EAST FOR 1.0 KM (0.65 MI) ON PRINCE ROAD TO THE INTERSECTION OF 1ST AVE. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 1.6 KM (1.0 MI) ON 1ST AVE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GLENN ST. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST FOR 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) ON GLENN ST TO THE INTERSECTION OF PARK AVE. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) ON PARK AVE TO A PAVED ROAD LEFT, MITCHELL ST. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON MITCHELL ST TO A FORK. FOLLOW THE RIGHT FORK AND GO SOUTHEAST FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON SANTA RITA AVE TO AN EXTENSOMETER AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT IN A SMALL PARK.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD USGS GAGING STATION DISK STAMPED---WR-52 1987---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT 33 CM ON SIDE FLUSH WITH GROUND. LOCATED 28.83 METERS (94.6 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST FROM A METAL LIGHT POLE, 24.02 METERS (78.8 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST CURB OF SANTA RITA AVE, 23.35 METERS (76.6 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM A FIRE HYDRANT, 22.40 METERS (73.5 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A METAL LIGHT POLE, 20.79 METERS (68.2 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST FROM THE NORTH CORNER OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE AROUND EXTENSOMETER, 12.37 METERS (40.6 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTH CURB OF MITCHELL ST AND 8.14 METERS (26.7 FT) WEST FROM A UTILITY POLE WITH ELECTRIC METER.
AVRA VALLEY, ARIZONA, SUBSIDENCE MONITORING, FEBRUARY-MARCH 1987.
THIS STATION SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY D.F. CALLAHAN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.