Details for Benchmark: CZ2538
N 32° 14.601 W 111° 09.737 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- NN 95
- Marker Type:
- alumnium marker (other than a disk)
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by AZ-019 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PIMA COUNTY ARIZONA 1991
TO REACH THE STATION FROM TUCSON, AZ, INTERSTATE 19 AND AJO HIGHWAY (STATE HWY 86)(EXIT KM 99), WEST ON AJO HWY APPROX 14 MI (22.5 KM) TO SANDARIO RD, NORTH ON SANDARIO RD 9.2 MI (14.8 KM) TO MILE WIDE RD, EAST ON MILE WIDE RD 2 MI (3.2 KM) TO KINNEY RD, EAST (RIGHT) ON KENNEY RD APPROX 1.5 MI (2.4 KM) OR O.35 MIEAST OF THE ARIZONA SONORA DESERT MUSEUM ENTRANCE, TO THE JUAN SANTA CRUZ PICNIC AREA ENTRANCE. MARKER AND WITNESS POST ARE 207 FT (63.1 M) NORTH OF KINNEY RD CENTERLINE, ON A ROCK OUTCROP, 17 FT (5.2 M) EAST OF A SAGUARO CACTUS. TOWNSHIP 14 SOUTH, RANGE 12 EAST, SECTION 6. MARKER IS A STANDARD 8.3 CM (3-1/4IN) ALUMINUM CAP WITH A 5.7 CM (2-1/4IN) STEM IMBEDDED INTO ROCK AND STAMPED PIMA COUNTY GPS SURVEY POINT DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION AND FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT, NN-95 1991.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1993.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.